Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Girl from up There

Now, this is the story all about how
my life got flipped-turned upside down, 
and I'd like to take a minute
just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the friend of a girl from up there.


In east Wisconsin born and raised
eating cheese curds is how she spent most of her days
chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
and thinkin' up magic, followin' every rule.
When a couple of songs,
which were sang oh so well,
started peakin' her interest, started ringin' her bell.
She heard one little show tune, bought a ukulele-
set off to create a beautiful world fo' us to see.


I met this (now) woman in an odd, odd way
Came up, told me she wanna be my friend one day.
I said, "Uh, I was thinkin' the very same thing"! -Click!
From that day on, she and I was in this tight friendship.


Faith Laska: yo, you is rad
crafting with you is like: "WHAT!"-so glad.
Is this when life must bring some light?
Knowing you as a friend? ..must be alright!


Intermission ('cuz this song is getting ridiculously corny! And Kermit can't possible make this more ridiculous! Can he!?):




(I cut the song here for you all.) (You're welcome!)
(And last verse!)


Yo, we take what we given,
we say "screw it" and spit back.
Tell me yo' problems and Imma nurse yo' slack.
Lean on my yes's and I'll give no no's.
We gonna hold each other up--emotional car jack.


(Now go back and re-read this and imagine me playing basketball with some sagging basketball shorts and a backwards cap on.)
(I just shot a 3-pt and made it.)

La fin.
Love,
Jess

1 comment: